I’ve tried to install BOINC as a service on a computer of my fiance’s mother’s but she has no password on her XP computer account. BOINC won’t install (service) without a XP password. The obvious would be to password the account on the computer and then install but she doesn’t want a password. Is there another way around this issue?
As another later in the thread has mentioned, I would also just create a different account and let it run in the background.
http://bbugs.axpr.net/index.php is down:
DB Error: connect failed
[nativecode=Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)] ** Array
It appears to be up at the moment. although the address I have for it is http://boinczilla.axpr.net/.
boinc.berkeley.edu is scheduled for some hardware upgrades, after that it is my understanding that we’ll be bringing the bug database in house. I’m trying to get David onboard for using Trac which I think is pretty neat software. I’ve started using it for a pet project of mine.
Is there a fix for the next boinc version later 5.8?
ERROR: buffer too small in MFILE::vprintf() –>continuously logs in stderrdae.txt
This should be fixed now.
I need a better xml administration because all changes you get only by restarting boinc (url changing, skins etc.)
I’m not sure I understand this? Which controls are not updating on a skin change?
1) In the advanced view – Help – first entry starts http://www.rechenkraft.net/manager_links.php?target=advanced . Is it possible to configure this URL in skin.xml? i can only configure the domain.
I’m afraid we are in lockdown for 5.8, that is something we can fix for 5.10 though. Or sooner I suppose.
2) If I click with the right mous button on the icon in the taskbar (windows) and select the first entry the page bam.boincstats.com is loaded. Is this URL configurable?
Nope, when your attached to an account manager, that is their URL.
3) My skin on windows looks good, but on Mac the pictures seems not to fit. See in the middle above “Graphics Available”.
I’ll send an email to our Mac dev and checkout what is going on.
4) Would be also nice to be able to change the font color in skin.xml (for elapsed time, time remaining, application name,…).
We could introduce this in the 5.10 time frame.
5) There is something wrong with these files:
If the format is “.jpg” such as documented in Creating Skins the Manager shows only standard, with “.png” no problem.
Does stderrgui.txt have an entry stating it failed to load each of those images defined in your skin? It is only supposed to use the default images if wxWidgets throws an error while attempting to load the image. Which tool are you using to create a jpg file?
The current beta linux clients show about a 10% improvement in benchmarks. Is this as good as it gets, or are further improvements likely in the future?
That was from Tekwyzrd. I’m sure he and others will figure out more generic ways to speed up the client.